Woman injured, pinned by heavy cabinet at work, fire officials say
MADISON, Wis. — Firefighters helped a woman who was trapped under a heavy piece of furniture at work in downtown Madison Tuesday afternoon.
The Madison Fire Department said an employee at a business in the 300 block of East Wilson Street was rearranging files alone in a locked room when the top drawer of the file cabinet caused it to become top-heavy and tip over.
The woman was able to catch the cabinet before it struck her, but it was too heavy for her to push back into position, according to the report. She slid to the floor and was trapped underneath the cabinet.
Co-workers called 911, and emergency responders were able to force open the door. It took the four-person crew to lift the cabinet off of her.
Paramedics took her to a local hospital for non-life-threatening injuries.
COPYRIGHT 2023 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.