Students allowed back in dorms after bomb scare at UWL
The Dane County Bomb Squad has cleared the scene at UW-La Crosse after a suspicious suitcase was found on campus.
Scans by the bomb squad did not show any explosive materials in the suitcase.
The 700 students that were evacuated earlier this afternoon have been let back into their dorms.
The La Crosse Tribune reports Gow said a suitcase was spotted in a gazebo by Drake Hall Tuesday afternoon.
The area between 15th and Pine streets near Angell Hall and Whitney Center was blocked off, officials said.
Officials said certain areas of campus near the area the package was found, including Angell, Drake and Hutch halls, were cleared. Parts of Whitney Center were also cleared.
Classes were not affected.