Smoldering laundry in dryer unit ignites at laundromat, officials say
MADISON, Wis. — Laundry that was smoldering in a laundromat dryer caught fire Monday night after firefighters wheeled the unit outside the building, according to a release.
Firefighters were called around 9 p.m. to Dana Lou’s Coin Laundry Parlor in the 3500 block of East Washington Avenue for reports of smoke coming from the laundromat, officials said.
Crews found smoldering laundry in a dryer unit, according to the release. They wheeled the clothing and dryer unit outside, where the clothing ignited into flames.
Firefighters put out the fire, and then ventilated the laundromat and the restaurant adjacent to it, OM Indian Fusion Cuisine, officials said.
The health department was notified due to smoke filling the restaurant, affecting the food prep area and open food containers, according to the release. No one was injured in the fire.
COPYRIGHT 2023 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.