Smoke seen coming from patio door after stovetop fire, officials say
MADISON, Wis. — A Madison woman was displaced Sunday after a fire broke out on her kitchen stove, officials said.
Firefighters could see smoke coming from a second-floor patio door when they got to the apartment building in the 200 block of Luann Lane, according to a release.
The fire was mostly out, but appeared to have started on the stovetop and extended to the ventilation hood fan and cabinets above the stove, officials said.
The resident told firefighters she was heating up some grease and stepped away from the kitchen for “just a minute,” and when she got back the kitchen was hot and smoky.
Firefighters cleared the smoke from the apartment and hallways, but utilities to the unit had to be shut down until a technician could come to make repairs, officials said.
COPYRIGHT 2023 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.