Packers sign 14 rookie free agents, including former Badgers WR Danny Davis
GREEN BAY, Wis. — The Green Bay Packers have officially signed more than a dozen rookie free agents, the team announced Monday, adding to their roster days after the 2022 NFL Draft.
In a statement Monday, the team announced it agreed to terms with 14 rookies:
- Running back B.J. Baylor from Oregon State;
- Linebacker Caliph Brice from Florida Atlantic;
- Linebacker Ellis Brooks from Penn State;
- Defensive lineman Akial Byers from Missouri;
- Wide receiver Danny Davis from Wisconsin;
- Running back Tyler Goodson from Iowa;
- Tackle Jahmir Johnson from Texas A&M;
- Tackle Caleb Jones from Indiana;
- Linebacker Chauncey Manac from Louisiana;
- Guard George Moore from Oregon;
- Defensive lineman Hauati Putatau from Utah;
- Center Cole Schneider from Central Florida;
- Safety Tre Sterling from Oklahoma State; and
- Cornerback Raleigh Texada from Baylor.
Davis tweeted he was joining the Packers over the weekend.
During the draft, the Packers focused initially on bolstering their defense, picking up former Georgia linebacker Quay Walker and defensive tackle Devonte Wyatt in the first round. In rounds two and three, the Packers shifted their attention to offense, drafting North Dakota State wide receiver Christian Watson and versatile offensive lineman Sean Rhyan.
The third day of the draft saw the team pick up wide receiver Romeo Doubs from Nevada and Wake Forest center Zach Tom.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.