Mr. Food: Creamy Mushroom Risotto
This oh-so-creamy and versatile dish originated in Northern Italy, and it’s become super popular in the United States.
What You’ll Need
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup uncooked Arborio rice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
What to Do
- In a saucepan, bring chicken broth to a simmer, but do not boil. Keep warm over low heat.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add mushrooms and onion and sauté 4 to 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in rice, garlic, and wine; cook until wine is absorbed. Add 1 cup hot broth, stirring constantly until liquid is nearly absorbed. Repeat process, adding remaining broth 1 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of broth is absorbed before adding next portion (about 15 minutes total).
- Remove from heat. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon butter, the Parmesan cheese, parsley, and pepper. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen Tip
- If you’re looking for a yummy way to change up this Creamy Mushroom Risotto recipe, you can add some shrimp or cooked chicken into the mix, keeping the risotto fresh every time you make it!
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.