Milwaukee Serial Killing Suspect Sticks With Not-Guilty Pleas
A man accused of killing seven women over 21 years in Milwaukee has changed his mind — again — about reversing his plea.
Walter Ellis, 50, has pleaded not guilty to first-degree intentional homicide and first-degree murder in the deaths of the women, who were killed between 1986 and 2007.
Ellis said last month he wanted to change his plea. A hearing was scheduled but he didn’t change the plea.
Ellis’ attorney then indicated Ellis wanted to change his plea again Monday, but again he did not. There had been discussions with prosecutors but he told the judge “there’s no deal.”
Judge Dennis Cimpl told Ellis he wouldn’t schedule any more hearings to change his plea and said Ellis’ next chance will be at trial in April.
The case was scheduled for trial last May but has been repeatedly delayed, after Ellis changed lawyers several times.