MFD: 1 person displaced after malfunctioning pool equipment causes fire


MADISON, Wis. — One person was displaced Saturday night after malfunctioning pool equipment caused a fire.

Officials responded to the 7100 block of Colony Drive at about 5:10 p.m.

A news release said the fire began on the outside of the house but quickly spread up the siding and into the attic space.

The fire caused significant damage to the attic and upper level of the home, the release said.

The fire is believed to have been accidental and caused by a malfunction in a backyard pool pump filtration system.

Damage estimates have not been made available.