‘Incinerated Pop-Tart’ prompts UW dorm evacuation
MADISON, Wis. — A University of Wisconsin-Madison residence hall was evacuated Wednesday morning after an incinerated Pop-Tart set off fire alarms, according to a release.
Firefighters were called just before 9 a.m. to Phillips Hall on Willow Drive when alarms started to sound, officials said.
A maintenance worker told crews the alarm originated in a second-floor dorm room, and there was a smell of burned food in the building, according to the release.
Firefighters said there was a light haze in the hallway, and they found a burned Pop-Tart inside a microwave.
Residents were eventually let back in as firefighters ventilated the dorm room, according to the release.
COPYRIGHT 2023 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.