Fire destroys woodworking business, causes $250,000 damage
The Dane County Sheriff’s Department said a fire caused $250,000 in damage to a pole barn housing a woodworking business Wednesday night.
Firefighters responded to the blaze in the 4600 block of Kennedy Road in the town of Cottage Grove just after 6:15 p.m. Wednesday.
Deputies said seven different agencies responded to the fire. Deputies said the cause hasn’t been determined, but the fire doesn’t appear suspicious.
No one was injured battling the blaze. The 40′ x 60′ shed is considered a total loss.