Fire at Camp Randall Stadium renovation site sends subcontractor to hospital
MADISON, Wis. — The Madison Fire Department says one person has been taken to the hospital after a fire at Camp Randall Stadium Wednesday morning.
Crews were called to the stadium for a report of a fire and a person injured just after 8 a.m., but the fire was out by the time firefighters arrived.
Paramedics treated one person at the scene before taking them to the hospital with what were described as serious injuries.
The UW Athletic Department says the fire involved a roofing solvent material at the site of the stadium’s south endzone renovation project, and the injured person was a subcontractor.
“Our thoughts are with the individual who was injured this morning and we are grateful to the first responders both already on-site as well as from fire and police personnel, who assisted during the incident,” the athletic department said in a statement Wednesday afternoon.
UWPD officials say there was no structural damage to the stadium found during an initial inspection.
The incident is still under investigation by UWPD and J.P. Cullen, the company in charge of the renovation project.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.