Badgerland Girl Scouts to keep cookie prices at $4 per box, amid nationwide increase
Thin Mints, Caramel deLites and more go on sale Feb. 15
MADISON, Wis. — Whether you crave Caramel deLites or prefer Peanut Butter Patties, just in time for Valentine’s Day, a beloved treat is back! Girl Scout cookie-selling season is almost here.
Cookie sales start Saturday, Feb. 15 and run through March 22.
While prices are up across the country, Girl Scouts have good news for local thin mint lovers. Every Girl Scout council in the country sets its own cookie prices, and the Badgerland Council, who serves Dane County, is keeping prices at $4 per box.
75% of that money stays local and goes back to the council itself; the other 25% goes to the bakery that makes the cookies.
The Badgerland Council uses the money to pay for summer camps, volunteer training, and cookie-selling prizes. Their general motto is “spend a little, save a little, share a little.”
Troop leaders say the business skills their girls learn selling cookies can’t be replicated.
Also new this year, some troops are rolling out a new cookie: lemon-ups. Badgerland Girl Scouts will not be selling those, but customers can still enjoy lemonades, which are very similar.
Find your nearest Girl Scout cookie booth here.
Learn about the types of cookies for sale this year in Dane County.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.