Apartment fire displaces 14 people, causes $100,000 in damages
MADISON, Wis.– A fire broke out in a Moorland Road apartment complex on Saturday afternoon.
According to a report, Madison firefighters saw smoke coming from the 40-unit building when they responded to the fire at 4:52 p.m.
Residents reported that the fire was caused by unattended cooking grease.
In total, fourteen people were displaced by the fire, including nine adults and five children. The Red Cross is assisting them.
The damages to the building cost a total of $100,000.
Nobody was injured.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.