3 hospitalized, displaced in near west side fire
MADISON, Wis. — Three people were displaced after a fire on Madison’s near west side Sunday morning, fire officials said.
Firefighters responded to a home in the 10 block of North Roby Road at 3:02 a.m. after one of the home’s residents reported a fire on the second floor. The home’s three occupants were taken to UW Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, fire officials said.
Investigators said Thursday that the fire originated in a second-floor bedroom and extended into the attic. The fire was deemed accidental, possibly caused by an unattended lit candle.
Damages were estimated at $125,000.
The American Red Cross is helping those affected.
COPYRIGHT 2023 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.